Do the Canadian prairies have breweries? Heck ya, we do! And the number is growing annually! Here’s my round-up, along with links to their websites, and social media. Feel free to let me know if I missed anyone.
An * indicates the brewery is a Member of the Saskatchewan Craft Brewers Association, a ** indicates the brewery is an Associate Member of the SCBA.
(want to keep tabs on these breweries? Click the Twitter link next to the category title, and subscribe to my Twitter Lists)
- *21st Street Brewery (Winston’s Pub), Saskatoon
- *9 Mile Legacy Brewing Co., Saskatoon
- Back Forty Brewery, Yorkton
- *Black Bridge Brewery, Swift Current
- **Brewsters Brewpubs (chain), Regina
- *Bushwakker Brewpub, Regina
- *Churchill Brewing, Saskatoon
- *District Brewing Co., Regina
- Great Western Brewing Company, Saskatoon
- *High Key Brewing Co, Saskatoon
- *Malty National Brewing Corp, Regina
- *Nokomis Craft Ales, Nokomis
- *Paddock Wood Brewing Co., Saskatoon
- *Pile O’ Bones Brewing Co., Regina
- Prairie Sun Brewery, Saskatoon
- *Rebellion Brewing, Regina
- Saskatoon Brewing House (Earl’s), Saskatoon
- Temperance Brewing Co-operative, Saskatoon
- Thirsty Scholar (brewpub), Saskatoon
(Temperance’s first few beers were contract-brewed by Saskatoon’s Paddock Wood Brewing)
I’m still working on the AB, MB & Northern breweries details…happily, most of these folks are on Twitter, so my Lists offer decent coverage of what they’re up to in the meantime.